After an exciting finish to the first version of D-Street Challenge, we are back with D-Street Challenge 2.0. More prizes, bigger prizes, bigger excitement!!
D-Street Challenge 1.0: – Here’s a quick round-up of D-Street Challenge. Over 14 weeks, the highest cumulative gain was accomplished by Amit Shah with a whopping 178% gain, followed by Kusum Kataria with 121% cumulative gain.
Considering we have had the most volatile markets over the last 14 weeks, for long-only portfolios, it is more than impressive, it is incredible!
Over the last 14 weeks, we have given out over 140 Prizes, with over 70,000 in prize money.
Eligibility Criteria –
- All the contestants must be over 18 years of age.
- Contestants must be permanent residents or citizens of India.
- All the contestants must be registered TradeGyani users.
- Contestants must build their portfolio from 3rd June 2019.
- Contestants must fully complete their social (including original photo) and investment profiles on TradeGyani.
All contestants will be given Rs. 5 lakhs in virtual money to build their investment portfolios. During the “contest period”( 3rd June 2019 – 28th June 2019) – the contestants must outperform S&P BSE Sensex returns. Here are a few rules that the contestants need to keep in mind:
- Trade is applicable only in Cash Segment.
- Intra-day trade settlement is prohibited. Any contestant who does this will be disqualified.
- Any contestant buying stocks with m-cap of less than 1000 crore will be disqualified
- Transaction Limits – Participants can invest a maximum of 25% of their simulated portfolio value in any one stock
Awards Details & Criteria-
- Winners Selection –
TradeGyani will identify winners based on the portfolio return percentage (%) calculated by using Modified Dietz methodology (described below) on tradegyani.com.
The portfolio return% is tracked and displayed to all the participants on a real-time basis.
Portfolio return% calculated by TradeGyani is final and binding.
Portfolio Return Methodology – TradeGyani calculates portfolio returns using a Modified Dietz Method. Returns derived from the Modified Dietz method provide a reasonable idea of how the securities in your portfolio have performed adjusting for the amount invested which may vary over time. We use a Value Weighted method to calculate portfolio returns since value-weighted returns are considered more accurate measures of the actual profit or loss of your investment, versus other methods such as Time Weighted returns.
The contestant whose portfolio outperforms the returns of S&P BSE Sensex and his/her portfolio returns is among the top 10 returns in the leaderboard.
- Weekly Winners –
- 1st Winner – Rs 1000
- 2nd Winner – Rs 750
- 3rd Winner – Rs 500
- Winners ranked 4th-10th – Rs 250
In case of a tie and if they have the same stock – the contestant with the highest number of comments on social feeds and followers will win.
- Daily Winners –
- 1st Winner – Rs 100
- 2nd Winner – Rs 100
- 3rd Winner – Rs 100